General contractor: Safety TIE: Under 250,000 hours
Photo provided by Washington Patriot Construction
Washington Patriot gives personal recognition to safe workers who actively ensure site safety.
Washington Patriot Construction
Washington Patriot is working to achieve its safety outcomes through a personalized and unique approach to individual project safety programs.
Some of the measures Washington Patriot puts in place include the following:
• A 13-step daily safety checklist that’s included in the web-based daily reports.
• An “all hands on deck” quarterly safety meeting where superintendents and foremen can share project stories and lessons learned.
• Company-wide communication on safety violations as well as positive recognition.
• Personal recognition for safe workers who are active in ensuring site safety.
• A safety pocketbook for all field personnel that summarizes the most important aspects of the company’s accident prevention plan.
• A complete accident prevention plan that is posted on the company website so it’s easy for all employees to access.
• Treating every “near miss” as a lesson learned for the entire company.
Washington Patriot works with its subcontractor and owner partners to identify trends and opportunities for growth of the company’s site-specific safety plans. This helps spread a shared understanding of potential hazards and unique situations, broadening the teams’ experience level.