Welcome, sign in or click here to subscribe.
Login: Password:
     


 

 

  Real Estate

Email to a friend   Print   Comment   Reprints   Add to myDJC   Adjust font size

September 6, 2018

Hugo House buys its HQ for $2.5M

SEATTLE — Meriwether Partners redeveloped the old Richard Hugo House property, at 1634 11th Ave. on Capitol Hill, on behalf of the ownership group. Hugo House had been a tenant since 1997. The new six-story apartment building, with 80 units, a retail bay and space for the nonprofit writers center, opened last year.

Now the nonprofit Hugo House has purchased its condominium portion for $2.5 million. Hugo House said in February that it had secured about $1 million in state funding. It has also undertaken a capital campaign for the purchase.

The seller was Hugo House LLC, an entity of the local partners who will continue to own the apartments and retail. The corner building also has 69 underground parking spaces.

After relocating to the Frye Art Museum during construction, Hugo House now owns about 10,000 square feet. NBBJ designed Hugo House's new space; the contractor wasn't announced. A reopening celebration is set for 5-8 p.m. Sept. 22.

For the building, Weinstein A+U was the architect, and Exxel Pacific was the general contractor. As of last summer, Ewing & Clark was leasing the 1,500 square feet of retail/commercial space, which faces Cal Anderson Park. No new plans have been filed for that space.


comments powered by Disqus
 


--