KLAHOWYA SECONDARY SCHOOL (NO. 6)
Project description: A two-phase project in a single building that will serve grades 7-12. The first phase will feature 132,000 square feet for 20 general-purpose classrooms and specialized classrooms for science, art, computer-aided design, graphics, marketing, home and family life, special education, science labs and technology shops.
The school will also feature music and drama areas, a gymnasium, physical education teaching stations and a library/information center. A large, multi-use commons will be located at the heart of the school. Athletic facilities will include tennis courts, a track, two baseball fields, two softball fields and football/soccer fields.
Phase II will include another 10 general-purpose classrooms, a choral room and auxiliary gym, plus additional space for physical education, technology and administration.
- Address: 7701 Newberry Hill Road, Silverdale
- Original contract amount: $17,207,100
- Start of construction: June 24, 1996
- Expected completion date: June 30, 1997
- Contractor: Wick Constructors, 720 N. 35th St., Seattle, WA 98103-1509, 206-634-1509
- Architect: Meng Associates, 2108 Western Ave., Seattle, WA 98121, 206-448-9640
- Owner: Central Kitsap School District
- Project participants: Knudson Benson; Coughlin Porter Lundeen Inc.; Travis, Fitzmaurice & Assoc.; Nakano Dennis Landscape Architects; The Greenbusch Group Inc.; Anas Design Assoc.; Knudson/Benson Assoc.; Cost Planners; Richard C. Hein; Con Serve Inc.; Ace Paving; RV Assoc.; Blue Sky Landscape Services; Anchor Fence; Cassidy Manufacturing; Enspec Corp.; Addison Construction Supply; First Impressions Rebar; Fred Hill Materials; Kress Inc.; Reysco Inc.; Stevens Equipment; Northwest Steel Erection; North Star Industries; Pacific Construction Systems;
Anderson Specialties; Insulation Projects; M&E Subs; MTR Sheet Metal; Schmitt's Roofing; Foster Bray; Evergreen House; North Central Supply; Kreiger Steel Products; VT Industries; Crowe Building Specialties; Metro Glass; Pacific Hardware; Aztec Tile; Acoustical Design; Western Hardwood; Sterling Contract Flooring; Engineered Storage Products; FM Sales; Colonial Specialties; Casco; Dorse Architectural; Barclay Dean; Angar Corp.; Montage Caseworks; Engineered Steel Products; Norpac Systems; Fairway Mechanical; Industrial Insulators; Burns Services; Scott & From; Control Contractors; and Bird Electric.
Return to Top 20 top page
Copyright © 1997 Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce.