homeWelcome, sign in or click here to subscribe.login




Subscriber content preview

October 9, 2019

Electric system likely cause of Ballard fire

SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle Fire Department investigators say a fire that engulfed businesses in the city's Ballard neighborhood was mostly likely caused by an overheated electrical system.

The Seattle Times reports damages from the Monday afternoon fire have been estimated at $3 million to the property and contents inside Kitchen N Things, La Isla and Pho Big Bowl restaurants, Octo Designs & Jewelers, and Supercuts in the 2300 block of Northwest Market Street.

. . .

To read this story in full login or purchase a subscription.

Email or user name:
Forgot password? Click here.