Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter|
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
November 17, 2016
NAIOP Washington State recently gave out its annual real estate awards to the top projects and people, and inducted real estate investment pioneer Blake Eagle into the Hall of Fame.
From 1971 through 1993, Eagle headed Frank Russell Co.'s real estate consulting group, which invested more than $18 billion. Before that Eagle was a developer, and he also founded the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries. From 1994 through 2000, Eagle chaired the Center for Real Estate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Tarragon was named Developer of the Year and the Deal of the Year was the FAA Regional Headquarters. Coterie Worklounge was named Commercial Interior of the Year and the Community Impact of the Year award went to Gordon Family YMCA.
The Judges' Innovation Award went to the Westin-Amazon EcoDistrict, and the SIOR 2016 Brokers of the Year award went to Michael Dash of CBRE for office, Eli Hanacek of CBRE for investment and Bret Hartzell of CBRE for industrial.
Here are the winning projects in different categories:
• Hospitality Development of the Year: Thompson Hotel
• Technology/Life Sciences Development of the Year: Allen Institute
• Retail Development of the Year: Ivar's Pier 54 Renovation
• Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year: Eighth + Olive Lobby
• Office Interiors of the Year: Google Building D
• Office Development of the Year: 200 Occidental
• Multi-Family Development of the Year: Odin Apartments
• High Rise Residential of the Year: Cirrus
• Mixed-Use Development of the Year: Pike Motorworks
• Industrial Development of the Year: Portside Industrial Center
• More information is at NAIOPwa.org/night-of-the-stars-2016.