Welcome, sign in or click here to subscribe.
Login: Password:



  Real Estate

Subscriber content preview

November 7, 2017

Nickerson Saloon owners eye 64 apartments and new saloon

Journal staff reporter

On a small, triangular block just south of the Fremont Bridge, the Nickerson Street Saloon has been operating at 318 Nickerson St. since 1995. Before that it was the 318 Tavern, which opened in 1948. Beer was first served there in 1934, soon after the repeal of Prohibition.

. . .

To read this story in full login or purchase a subscription.