Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter|
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
September 28, 2018
Location: Gig Harbor
Owner/developer: Macnak Construction
Team: Macnak Construction, general and concrete contractor; Ambrose Lobato Design/Build, architect; Pacific Northwest Engineering, structural engineer; Holroyd, ready-mix supplier
The 7,500-square-foot Macnak headquarters is an energy-efficient office building and equipment maintenance facility.
Construction began in spring of 2016 and was completed in 10 months, including inspections.
The new office includes a basement with a classified concrete vault, employee gym, utility room and bathroom area.
The main floor is open with an atrium foyer, full-service kitchen, lounge area, restrooms/showers and nine large offices along the outer walls. The center has a 20-by-30-foot conference room with an accordion door divider to split the room into two smaller conference rooms.
Finished grade was set roughly 6 feet above the adjacent road, giving the building a commanding presence over the area and making it highly visible to roughly 30,000 cars per day.
The landscaping and exterior add to the grand design with faux granite covering the bottom 4 feet of the building, a timber-framed main entryway with two massive faux-granite rocks holding up the timber, retaining wall of faux striated granite and faux granite waterfall, and outdoor kitchen.
Each element of the property is designed to highlight the benefits of the materials and systems from security to clean air, heating, media, connectivity and energy efficiency. Additional features include:
• Insulated concrete forms with R-50 actual performance walls that are 14 inches thick, creating a silent interior
• 10-zone radiant floor system
• Mitsubishi split-zone system and a variable refrigerant flow heat-exchange smart air system
• Concrete form basement ceiling
• Concrete floors mixed with Helix micro-rebar and finished with a high-strength industrial metallic polymer flooring
• Vaulted ceilings and smart LED suspended lighting
• State-of-the-art security and communications system