Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter|
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
September 8, 2015
Camp Parsons Boy Scout Camp has a new dining hall.
The camp was founded in 1919 on Hood Canal near Brinnon in Jefferson County. The original dining hall was built in 1937, with about 4,600 square feet and seating for 350 people.
The new hall is 14,500 square feet and seats 576. Construction cost about $4.4 million, and was completed in nine months.
The hall has a full commercial kitchen, which serves more than 8,400 meals to 3,300 scouts and adults who attend Camp Parsons during the eight-week summer camp season.
It is heated, and can be rented to groups for outdoor education programs during the off-season.
Owner: Boy Scouts, Chief Seattle Council
Owner's representative: Greg Batie, Sparling Stantec
Architect: Eysaman & Co.
General contractor: Exxel Pacific
Structural engineer: Justus Fisher Engineers
Civil engineer: BergerABAM
Mechanical engineer: Notkin Engineering
Electrical, acoustical, audiovisual: Sparling Stantec
Septic system: JSF Engineering
Fire protection engineer: Fred Duhring
Kitchen design: George E. Bundy & Associates
Major subcontractors: Whitworth Excavating, Global Construction, Lyons Painting & Design, Silverdale Plumbing, Emerald Aire, Bird Electric and Jaymarc AV
Do you have renderings or photos of recent projects? Share them with DJC readers. Send high-resolution images and information to email@example.com.