Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc
December 21, 2015
Filson has opened its 6,400-square-foot flagship store at 1741 First Ave. S.
The 54,400-square-foot building houses retail space, manufacturing and offices for the outdoor clothing and luggage retailer.
The store is located above the production area on the second floor, with a design that reflects the company’s rugged, crafty aesthetic.
A large trellis made of salvaged wood, fireplace, and old timber beams from a Boeing factory in Kent and a demolition site in South Lake Union give the space character.
Shoppers can see the 15,000-square-foot manufacturing floor, where the company’s bags are made.
The company will install an 18-foot, hand-carved totem pole by Orcas Island sculptor Aleph Geddis.
Project manager: Peter Baker of Montlake & Assoc.
Architects: Heliotrope Architects, Broderick Architects
Contractor: Dovetail General Contractors
Artist: Aleph Geddis
Do you have photos of recent projects? Share them with DJC readers. Send high-resolution images and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.