September 11, 2013
TACOMA (AP) — Firefighters chiseled a hole in a chimney early Tuesday to rescue a man who was stuck inside a 20-inch space at a Tacoma home that had been converted to apartments.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Dyre Fudge says firefighters were called about 1:30 a.m. to help the young adult who was trapped at the second-floor level of the three-story house. A technical rescue team was called in to use power equipment to cut through a wall and the chimney. The man stepped out in about half an hour.
. . .