Subscribe / Renew
July 3, 2014
SPOKANE — Workers are preparing to enter one of the most dangerous rooms on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation — the site of a 1976 blast that exposed a technician to a massive dose of radiation, leading to him being nicknamed the “Atomic Man.”
Harold McCluskey was working in the room when a chemical reaction caused a glass glove box to explode. He was exposed to the highest dose of radiation from the chemical element americium ever recorded — 500 times the occupational standard.
. . .
|Need to manage your next solicitation? Try SolicitBid, now free for public agencies.|