Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter|
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
April 17, 2015
Contractor: Mainland Exterior Stucco Restorations
Architect: Rositch Hemphill Architects
Team: Dryvit Systems, Winroc
Carleton Lodge is one the oldest and most iconic structures in Whistler Village, and the project team was tasked with giving the structure a complete face-lift.
Some unique features about this project were:
• All of the original exterior walls had to be replaced.
• Most exterior studs were only 25-gauge material and badly eroded.
• The hotel was kept open during this complete renovation, which had its challenges.
• Scaffolding and temporary fencing (hoarding) had to accommodate customer access.
• The lodge renovation started in May and had to be completed in time for the start of ski season in fall 2014.
Fortunately, working with the team of Rositch Hemphill Architects, Dryvit Systems and Winroc, all work was completed on time and on schedule.
Judge’s comment: “Outstanding rework of the existing exterior yielded excellent results to one of the oldest and most iconic structures in Whistler Village. Make sure to stop by when in Whistler to see this fantastic restoration.”