Subscribe / Renew
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
January 19, 2016
The Jackson Apartments is a restored 1930 art deco brick building at 6202 Carleton in the historic Georgetown neighborhood.
The building suffered from decades of neglect, which created unhealthy conditions for former tenants. It was purchased in 2013 and rehabilitated to restore its cosmetic and structural integrity.
The restoration used custom high-end materials. Finishes include brass hardware and plumbing fixtures, honed Calcutta marble counter tops, hexagon tile floors with snowflake inserts, retro appliances, refinished original oak floors, crystal door knobs, roller shades and smooth finish walls.
A courtyard with a custom wrought iron gate, fountain and seating were also added.
The alley wall provides local artists a space to display their work and improve the urban landscape.
The ownership group also adopted the Metro bus stop along Bailey Avenue, which has traditionally been plagued by litter.
Developer, designer, project manager: El Santuario Design and Development (Padraic Slattery)
General contractor: Saltaire Construction
Material vendors: Astoria Vintage Hardware, Schoolhouse Electric, and Rejuvenation Hardware
Do you have renderings or photos of recent projects? Share them with DJC readers. Send high-resolution images and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.