Subscribe / Renew
|► Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter|
|home||Welcome, sign in or click here to subscribe.||login|
|print email to a friend reprints add to mydjc|
May 31, 2018
Washington Patriot Construction
Washington Patriot is working to achieve its safety outcomes through a personalized and unique approach to individual project safety programs.
Some of the measures Washington Patriot puts in place include the following: • A 13-step daily safety checklist that’s included in the web-based daily reports.
• An “all hands on deck” quarterly safety meeting where superintendents and foremen can share project stories and lessons learned.
• Company-wide communication on safety violations as well as positive recognition.
• Personal recognition for safe workers who are active in ensuring site safety.
• A safety pocketbook for all field personnel that summarizes the most important aspects of the company’s accident prevention plan.
• A complete accident prevention plan that is posted on the company website so it’s easy for all employees to access.
• Treating every “near miss” as a lesson learned for the entire company.
Washington Patriot works with its subcontractor and owner partners to identify trends and opportunities for growth of the company’s site-specific safety plans. This helps spread a shared understanding of potential hazards and unique situations, broadening the teams’ experience level.